My Eczema journey

 Hi beautiful. I’m back again! I recently popped a question box up on my Instagram stories asking you all if there was anything in particular that you would like me to discuss on my blog and quite a few of you asked for Eczema related blog posts including products I love, how I manage flare ups etc. those blog posts are coming soon I promise but I thought I would start by explaining my Eczema journey and where I currently am in regards to managing it so that you all have a clear picture. You might wanna grab a snack and a drink for this one. We could be here a while!

So travel back to 1998 the year I was born! That’s when the journey started as a I was born with Eczema. I’ve had it all of my life, I’ve always had flare ups especially during allergy season or if I was in an environment that was particularly dusty as I’m allergic to dust. I managed it quite well throughout my childhood and even as a teen. Yes I had the odd flare up and bad day and it has been infected a couple of times but it’s never been as bad as it is now.

Fast forward to now. I’m 24 (almost 25) and it’s the bane of my life I’m not gonna lie. It pretty much covers my body from head to toe and feels like sunburn. I’ve been to see several Doctors and I’m being seen my a Dermatologist (only twice so far as there was about a year between each appointment) last year I was taken into A&E as it was so bad I had a heart rate of 160 and a bad infection. We still haven’t got to the bottom of what’s actually causing it. Believe me I’ve tried the whole; dairy free, gluten free, changing soap and shampoos, changing washing powders etc. nothing is working. I am able to ease flare ups but the rash has always been there. I will post some pictures below so you can see what happens. The worst patch is currently all down the right side of my body which I wont show as I’m quite self conscious of my stomach but just picture burns like someone has poured boiling water all over me and you’ll get the picture. It’s very hot to touch too.

As some of you will have seen on my Instagram stories I’m currently waiting to go in for a Biopsy as the Dermatologist is puzzled as are many others. I’m also going to get patch testing done which I’ve had done before but not since I was about 9 or 10. So yeah, that pretty much sums up my journey so far and of course I will keep you all updated! If you have any questions please feel free to either send me a DM or comment down below and I will answer you (that’s if I know the answer haha).

Thank you so much for reading, see you soon! 

Laura x









Comments

Popular Posts