5 things that help to boost my mood.

 Hi beautiful. I'm back again with another post! You all seemed to really love my last post about rest being productive so I thought I would write another post that's of a similar theme. Today I'm going to be discussing 5 things that help to boost my mood in the hopes that they might be able to help you too. 

1. Spending time with family and friends. 

Being around those I love always makes me smile even on my darkest days because I know I'm with people who love and care for me. I recently spent quite a lot of time with friends even though I maybe didn't feel like it at first because I felt so low but I'm glad I pushed through and went because I haven't laughed or smiled that much in a long time. Always surround yourself with people who feel like sunshine and remember to talk to those you love if you're feeling low as they will be there to listen and offer comfort. Oh and laughter really is the best medicine. Even if your stomach hurts afterwards!

2. Animal therapy.

As you all know I'm a huge animal lover and I have my beautiful Guinea Pig Willow who is my little bestie. Cuddles with her just make everything better (before you ask Willow hasn't always lived alone, she had a beautiful sister Daisy who sadly passed away). Willow is such a funny and cheeky girl, I could sit and watch her all day. She also has the sweetest personality, she's so cuddly and loves to give kisses! I also have my niece Lucy the pup who never fails to cheer me up. I know not all of you will have pets but if you know someone who does I encourage you to go and spend time with them. Animals can sense when we're feeling low and can be very therapeutic. 

3. Music.

Putting my earphones in and blocking the world out definitely boosts my mood! I listen to upbeat music that makes me want to dance when I'm feeling low. Usually a Disney soundtrack! I listen to music every day without fail, usually in the morning to set me up for the day and make me smile. 

4. Sunshine.

Getting some fresh air especially now that the weather is nicer definitely makes me feel calmer. It's so important to get fresh air every day even if it's just for five or ten minutes. We have a swing in our garden which I like to sit on and read a book or watch the birds, it might be a good idea to put out some food for the birds to attract them if you would like to watch them as they can be very entertaining! We have a Pigeon that visits our garden at least once a day and we've nicknamed him 'Hei-Hei' as he's just like the rooster from Moana!

5. Doing things that mean a lot to me.

There are many things that hold a place in my heart like my photography and art so taking time to do these things is so important. Whether you like to read, play games, study or if you have a faith it's so important to make time every day to do the things that mean something to you. Like I said in my previous post self-care is so important and it's ok to be selfish in order to be the best version of you!

Thank you so much for reading this post and thank you so much for all of the support you've show me over the past few weeks. It really does mean the world to me. See you again soon my love!

Laura x




Comments

Popular Posts